Saturday 16 March 2013

Style Your Wedding

I never thought I would be able to say this, but I have finally realised one of my dreams of becoming an Event Manager for the most amazing Wedding venue in Cambridgeshire called South-Farm. You must check out there website I am sure you will be just as amazed by what they offer as I was. http://www.south-farm.co.uk

They pride themselves on being a distinctively different venue, they grow & farm their own food so they are extremely self sufficient which means they provide the most amazing menu of food for the Wedding Breakfasts and Evening buffets.

As a new member of the team I had the privilege of tasting a selection of their menu options. I can not explain just how amazing everything tasted. I could not fault anything.

The range of food on offer is exceptional giving the Bride & Grooms a varied selection of choice for their wedding day food.

The first course I tasted was the selection of Canapes, this included 'Orange & Chilli Chicken Liver Pate on Olive Oil Crouton' which was such a stunning taste & definitely my favourite. However saying this I enjoyed the taste of each of the other Canapés which included 'Tomato Bonbon' (Risotto ball with Goats Cheese), 'Broad Bean & Mint Mash Crostini', 'Goats Cheese & Red Onion Marmalade on a grilled crostini' & 'Crispy Duck croustades with Hoi Sin Sauce'. I am a huge lover of Goats Cheese so loved this option also but the Pate just topped the marks as I had never tasted this combination of flavours before.

Next was the starters, I had the pleasure of tasting a selection of eight starters. My favourite being the 'Smoked Salmon Bomb' which was prawns wrapped in smoked salmon and as someone who is not a massive fan of smoked salmon I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this option. The two plates of lushness also included a 'Roquefort Torte & Roasted Baby Plum Tomatoes', the unique filling was encased in perfectly light pastry.

The rest of the starters were just as delicious and included a variety of dishes including 'Strasbourg Pate, Cornichons, Vine Capers, Red Onion Marmalade & Melba Toast' which was the perfect mix of flavours with a wonderfully soft texture.


Next I had the pleasure of tasting a selection of main courses. As you can see from the pictures below this included a wide variety of plates. I struggled to pick my favourite from these amazing dishes so ended up with five favourites! The 'Chard & Gruyere Tart' was my first favourite with an incredible taste encased in light amazing pastry. Secondly we have the 'Filo Parcel with chard, mascarpone, wild mushroom and pine nuts' I do love a good vegetarian option and absolutely loved this Filo parcel. Next we have 'Pan Fried Cod, Wild Mushroom & Mixed Root Puree' again an incredible flavour with perfectly cooked cod. My two meat favourites were 'Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Rosemary, South Farm Redcurrant Jelly' & 'Roast Haunch of Venison with Gin & Juniper Jus', this was so tender and the jus was lovely.


The last course and the one which I was the most excited about trying was the 'Desserts'. I tried a selection of 8 desserts, each one being sensational. I have to admit I couldn't pick a favourite as I was blown away by a most of them, however I absolutely loved the 'Lemon Posset served with a Fruit Compote & Lemon Shortbread Biscuit',  'White chocolate bread & butter pudding' and lastly the 'Cheesecake with home grown rhubarb confit'. 


I loved every minute of this evening, it was fantastic to be part of such an exciting evening one which will stay with the 'Bride & Grooms' forever. As well as receiving this immense selection of food they also received wine to taste with the food. The evening was finished off with Tea & Coffee and homemade truffles; which again were incredible. 

I look forward to learning many news skills from South-Farm, learning how to ensure I make every Wedding I manage perfect for the 'Bride & Groom'. 




No comments:

Post a Comment